BAD Wants YOU for the Volunteer Army
All Hands on Deck
We can’t produce our bouts without the continued commitment and enthusiasm of our Event Production Volunteers. From showing up early to lay down the track to sticking around after everyone else has gone home to clean it all up, BAD’s volunteers have been an integral part of making our bouts happen.
We’re always looking for people who are interested, willing and able to become a BAD Hand. As a thank you for volunteering your time you’ll also receive free entry to our bouts and of course the undying love of BAD skaters and officials.
BAD Hands Duties:
- Be available to work at least one home team bout.
- Attend an orientation session online or in person prior to bout day.
BAD Hands Perks:
- Free admission to each BAD home team bout the season you are a BAD Hand.
- Priority shift scheduling. BAD Hands get first choice of which bout shift.
- Invitation to the end of season wrap party.
Bout Day Jobs (a nonexhaustive list):
- Event Setup – Help setup on game day and stick around to watch the action!
- Track Maintenance – Want the best view of the track? Track Maintenance gets to be up close to the action, maintaining the track in between plays and at halftime.
- Box Office – Calling all social butterflies! Be the first face our fans see when they walk into our venue. Greet them at the door, take their tickets, and make sure they know the best places to be to see all the action on the track!
- BAD Merch & Raffle – This year, we’re expanding our volunteer army to some of our most saturated areas. If you love people and selling roller derby swag, these roles are perfect for you!
- Floater (put me anywhere!) – You’re a chameleon and can do anything, anywhere.
- Event Teardown – What goes up must come down. Help us clean up after the game, and head to the afterparty to celebrate our hard work right afterward!
I can’t commit to the whole year. Can I still volunteer?
Yes! We’d still love your help at whatever bouts you can commit to. Just select your preferred dates on the form linked above.
If I select a shift during the game, do I have to work the whole time?
Our goal is to get enough BAD Hands staffed so everyone only has to work half the game. Help us do so by asking your friends, family, and your friends’ families to volunteer right along with you!