Bay Area Derby League Member and Volunteer Code of Conduct
A league member and/or volunteer is defined as any individual who is paying dues, active on the Bay Area Derby forum, and/or acting on behalf of the organization in any way. This is including but not limited to skaters, skating officials, non-skating officials, BAD Hands, and/or retired skaters.
As a member/volunteer, I will:
- Treat my fellow league members, volunteers, and visitors with respect, dignity, and fairness at all times.
- When at Bay Area Derby events and practices, I will treat clients and the public with respect, dignity, and fairness and refrain from inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of Bay Area Derby.
- When speaking or acting as a representative of Bay Area Derby, I will treat clients and the public with respect, dignity, and fairness and refrain from inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of Bay Area Derby.
- Act with integrity, honesty and fairness when handling all Bay Area Derby business.
- Do my best to adhere to all policies laid out in the Bay Area Derby Handbook and Bylaws.
- Proactively use Mediation when conflicts arise that I am unable to resolve through reasonable resolution and communication methods.
- Act in a manner that is respectful to others when using the League Forum.
- Distinguish clearly between statements and actions made as a private individual and as a representative of Bay Area Derby.
- Engage in behavior that contributes positively to the organization and its members.
As a member/volunteer, I will not:
- Engage in nor tolerate any form of verbal, physical or sexual abuse.
- Engage in the disrespect of the league and its members on all platforms; including but not limited to social media, forums, public events, and Bay Area Derby’s events.
- Act in a manner that may cause reputable harm to the league and its members.
- Practice, condone, facilitate or collaborate with any form of discrimination on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status or other conditions or status.
- Engage in any behavior on social media platforms that may damage the image of Bay Area Derby and its members.
- Disclose the private information of Bay Area Derby such as information kept on a private forum, emails, and/or private events.
- Engage in behavior that contributes negatively to the organization and its members.
Violation of the Code of Conduct:
Violation of any of the above statement way result in issuance of one or more strikes and/or removal from the league. Discipline is determined via the standard strike process. Strikes may be issued by the HR Committee Manager, Mediation Committee Manager, and/or Executive Directors.
Full name: [swift_name size=”medium” required]
Derby name (if applicable): [swift_textbox name=”derbyname”]
Email: [swift_email name=”email” required] [swiftsignature]
Signed and agreed on this [swift_date_long].
By signing this document, you agree to adhere to all the above statements and disciplinary consequences.[swift_button] [/swiftsign]