2:30 – 5 PM (Doors open at 2 PM)
$10 to skate, $5 to spectate
Hey Palentine! Come join us for the first of Bay Area Derby’s #20ShineTeen season’s themed B&W scrimmages! Deck yourself out in white or red shirts, craft some valentines, and compete with your pals to be the winning team!
This event will feature three leveled scrimmages (the first two for beginner and intermediate skaters will last 30 minutes and the final scrimmage for advanced skaters will last 45 minutes)!
BAD’s B&W Scrimmages are open to skaters of all genders, 18 years and older, who have passed the WFTDA minimum skills test and have scrimmage experience. Participants are encouraged to assess their own skill level. BAD recommends using the following guidelines:
Beginner: You have passed WFTDA minimum skills, may have skated in some scrimmages and/or games, still have a lot to learn on and off the track but are excited for new challenges.
Intermediate: You have passed WFTDA minimum skills, can confidently skate and scrimmage, may be on your league’s B-team but are looking to progress to the next level.
Advanced: You have passed WFTDA minimum skills, can skate confidently forwards and backwards and are on your league’s A-team.
Please note that all skaters will be asked to sign a waiver upon arrival.
Schedule for the event:
- 2:00 – 2:25 Doors open for check-in
- 2:25 – 2:30 Split beginner skaters into red vs white, warm up
- 2:30 – 3:00 Beginner scrimmage (30 min scrimmage)
- 3:00 – 3:10 Break (and warm up for intermediate skaters)
- 3:10 – 3:15 Split intermediate skaters into red vs white, warm up
- 3:15 – 3:45 Intermediate scrimmage (30 min scrimmage)
- 3:45 – 3:55 Break (and warm up for advanced skaters)
- 3:55 – 4:00 Split advanced skaters into red vs white, warm up
- 4:05 – 4:50 Advanced scrimmage (45 min scrimmage)
What to Bring:
- Both a red and a white t-shirt with your WFTDA-approved number on the back.
- All gear including mouthguard. All skaters will be gear checked before they skate.
- Numbered arm bands or a sharpie
- Water bottle