Feb 23 & 24
1pm – 6pm
$50 one day / $90 both
Bay Area Derby Officials are pleased to announce BAD to Good to Great II, a *WFTDA Clinic-In-A-Box* targeted at “intermediate” officials who are looking to get a head start on their 2019 season and plans!
We are pleased to host Nine Inch Wheels and Don Scoreleone as our WFTDA Officating Instructors who will be leading the clinic, to provide a fresh perspective for those who attended our prior clinic as well. Additional seminars will be given by TaraByte, the chair of WFTDA’s Tournament Officials Selection Panel (TOSP) and Danger Muffin, a member of Officials Certification Oversight.
Based on feedback from our prior clinic, BAD to Good to Great II will take place from 1pm-6pm on Saturday and Sunday. Officials may attend one day for $50 or both days for $90.
This clinic will cover:
• The new Ruleset: Changes, and philosophy of officiating
• The new Certification system: “Nuts and bolts” plus advanced topics
• The 2019 TOSP cycle: The process and goals of TOSP
• Magic Land: What to do when the rules don’t cover something
• Managing difficult people: Coaches, athletes, league leadership, even other officials
• Drive your own improvement: Especially for officials who have “outgrown” their league
• Avoiding burnout: Things to keep in mind as you begin your 2019 season
• Staffing and Recruitment: For games and for leagues
• Providing constructive feedback: To your crew, to your peers, to your crew heads
• Mentoring others: Different perspectives on different motivations for officiating
• Footage: How to review it efficiently, and what to learn from it
To sign up, go here: https://www.wellnessliving.com/rs/event/bay_area_derby?k_class=107158&k_class_tab=10932 (it will let you buy one day, or both days.)
A more complete schedule for the two days will be released in the next few weeks, as will links to purchase tickets.
RSVP “Interested” or “Going” to get notifications from this event!