BAD wants YOU for the Volunteer Army
We can’t produce our bouts without the continued commitment and enthusiasm of our Event
Production Volunteers. From showing up early to lay down our sport court to sticking around after
everyone else has gone home to clean it all up, BAD’s volunteers have been an integral part of
making our bouts happen.
We’re always looking for people who are interested, willing and able to become a BAD Hand. As a
thank you for volunteering your time you’ll also receive free entry to our bouts, supersecret, can’t-
buyitanywhere merch and of course the undying love of BAD skaters and officials. To sign up to
be a BAD Hand, fill out this form.
BAD Hands Duties:
- Be available to volunteer at each home team bout. (Please let our volunteer coordinator at least one month in advance if you’re unable to attend)
- Ensure you’ve been trained in the your bout day job before bout day.
BAD Hands Perks:
- Free admission to each BAD home team bout the season you are a BAD Hand
- A custom BAD Hands tee, given exclusively to members of the BAD Hands Volunteer Army.
- Priority shift scheduling. BAD Hands get first choice of which bout shift.
- Invitation to the endofseason wrap party.
- Reserved seating at our home bouts
- 2 drink tickets redeemable at our BAD Bar
Bout Day Jobs (a nonexhaustive list):
- Track Set Up: Do you enjoy heavy lifting? May you like the idea of not having to miss any of the action while you work your shift? Track set up crew lays the floor down before a bout and then picks it up after. Never miss a hit!
- “Talk Derby To Me” Liaison: Do you really know your stuff when it comes to derby rules? Perhaps you just enjoy spreading the derby love by helping our new fans understand what’s going on? Then put on a Talk Derby To Me tee shirt, wander the crowd during bouts and keep an eye out for fans that are looking to have their questions answered about everyone’s favorite sport.
- Track Maintenance: Are you fast on your feet? Do you have a bit of perfectionist running through your blood? Try your hand at track maintenance during the game. Think sweeping, re-taping track boundaries, cleaning up spills and more.
- Box Office: Not really into getting there early or getting special training? Take a shift working in the box office
- Pour Some Beer: Want to flex your bartending muscles? Help us pour booze for all our thirsty fans during one of our bouts.
I can’t commit to the whole year. Can I still volunteer?
Yes! We’d still love your help at whatever bouts you can commit to.
If you just want to volunteer on a bout by bout basis, please fill out this form.