- This event has passed.
2018 BAD Roller Derby Tryouts
November 12, 2017 @ 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM$45 – $85
Our 2018 league tryouts are November 12!
Tryouts are open to women ages 18 and over who are interested in playing flat track roller derby. You must have a basic ability to:
- balance/roll/skate with no outside assistance
- stay active for up to 2 hours at a time
- exert yourself physically and mentally throughout the session
To participate, you will need the following:
- Quad roller skates with appropriate indoor wheels
- Safety equipment – helmet, wrist guards, elbow pads, kneepads and a mouth guard
- Registration completed & paid online in advance
- Valid WFTDA insurance (will be available for online purchase)
If you need gear, visit quadrepublicskateco.com —a Bay Area based skate shop run by our very own All-Star captain & Bont Quadstar, Brawllen Angel.
Not sure if you’re ready to skate with BAD?
We’ll have a 12-session series of intensive skating clinics leading up to tryouts starting October 1. Register today! You can also begin skating today with Reckless Rollers. Learn more about our Reckless Rollers training program.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to gear up and get your head in the game. We’ll see you on the track!
Tryout + WFTDA Insurance: $85.00
Tryout Only (Because you already have WFTDA Insurance): $45.00
We’ll see you on the track!